Plymouth is an amazing place to raise kids and entertain the whole family. Take a look at this list if you don't believe us:
1. Many Plymothians often forget or take for granted the National Marine Aquarium. It is the biggest and best public aquarium in the UK and it's always a great source of fun for your kids and hopefully you too.
2. Moving to different kinds of animals, you could gaze at lions, tigers and monkeys in the Dartmoor Zoological Park, the home of We Bought a Zoo.
3. If you find lions a bit too scary, you can always go down to Pennywell Farm and cuddle a miniature piglet, ponies and other amazingly cute animals.
4. Become a Polar Bear Explorer and search for the adorable bear cubs hidden along the waterfront (ends 3 March).
5. Look out for the 40 colourful elephants marching through Plymouth this summer as a part of Elmer’s Big Parade.
6. Plymouth’s Open Top Bus will offer you a new and exciting perspective. Everything looks better from above, doesn't it ? Guides and timetables are available from the Citybus Travel Centre on Royal Parade, alongside the Tourist Information and on the Citybus website.
7. You could take your family to ClayART and try your hand at painting your own pottery.
8. Don't miss the British Firework Championships, it's returning to Plymouth Hoe on 14 and 15 August, it's a completely free and truly spectacular show.
9. Take a dip in the Tinside Lido, one of the top 10 best outdoor pools in Europe. This outdoor salt water pool in the place to be on a sunny summer’s day.
10. Are you or your kids train fans ? Check out the traditional steam train on the Plym Valley Railway for a day of train fun.
11. Take a trip to Clip ‘n Climb for a day of fun challanges for the whole family. There’s no experience necessary and climbing walls are suitable for all ages and abilities.
12. What's more exciting than finding clues to help you escape from a locked room !? Visit the Escape Rooms Plymouth and see if you can solve all the clues.
13. Your kids will love to bounce around on over 50 trampolines or play trampoline dodgeball at Super Tramp.
14. Children of all ages will enjoy the West Hoe Park, with a large play area, miniature train, crazy golf and trampolines. Or you could try Central Park and their a newly refurbished play space and skate park to try out, plus lots of open space to explore.
15. Plymouth's biggest Bonfire Night celebration complete with fireworks and entertainment is happening on the Hoe every year.
16. Eye patches, wooden legs and many merry men, that's what you will find on Plymouth’s waterfront at Pirates Weekend on 11 to 12 May.
17. Discover a completely new experience at Mount Edgcumbe with Adventure Segway – don’t worry if you’ve never glided on a Segway before as you’ll start with basic training first!
18. Stiltskin’s Soapbox Children’s Theatre in Devonport Park put on a range of productions and activity sessions all year round and we're sure your children will love them.
19. For family-friendly swimming fun, you could try the free Mount Wise swimming pools (open during summer months), or the Plymouth Life Centre and their Olympic size swimming pool and amazing diving boards. It's where Tom Daley trains!
20. Show your support for our military at the Armed Forces Day on 29 June, with entertainment, activities and displays for the whole family to enjoy. Who knows, maybe your little one will be inspired to join them!
What do you think the 21st item on this list should be ?
Head over to our Facebook page and let us know!