Hope24 is a special event for many reasons. Located in Plympton on a private estate, the event provides a friendly atmosphere for runners to get together and challenge themselves to achieve their own targets. Based on a 5-mile trail course in this stunning estate, the event is open to solo runners or teams of 2-8, over a 24 hour period.
In addition they also have two children’s races that take place on the morning of the Saturday, and a single lap 5 mile version for those that find the thought of 24 hours to daunting.
The event organizers have come up with some rather unique features, which include:
- There are no category prizes offered, rather they prefer to give random prizes;
- Camping is part of the price and includes supporters and family;
- Everyone receives their special participation medal, technical t-shirt and often a little treat;
- On site the runners have access to massage, food, drink, cake, toilets and drinking water;
- Parking is free and off road;
- There are fundraising options, but this is down to you, they provide incentives if you raise for their chosen charities, but they're happy for you to use this event to raise for any charity close to your hearts;
- There is one golden rule, ‘Live it, Love it, Run it’, this is HOPE24's ethos and they run the event with a smile and support everyone.
Founder Danny Slay said: “Hope 24 started in 2014 with the intention of being a one off 24-hour fundraiser aiming to raise £45,000 for charity Hope For Children.
"Since then the event has evolved considerably. In the first year we had 196 runners, and we now have around 1,000 people taking part.
"Runners now come from as far as Wales, Scotland, London and we have even had people come from as far as Ireland and France.”
"We try to generate a very close-knit community feel whereby runners and walkers from beginner to elite support each other to achieve their own goals. For teams it is a great event for team building and bonding"
Sign up to Hope 24 by following THIS LINK and try to run as much as you can in 24 hours.